Attendee Commitment to Safety Agreement
Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) recognizes that the safety of all of our 2021 Hybrid Conference & Exhibition attendees, speakers, and staff on site at all six hybrid locations (Atlanta, Dallas, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Portland, and Washington D.C.) is our top priority. Our Commitment to Safety Agreement is a living document that will continue to evolve based on state and federal guidance, hotel requirements, and CFMA guidelines to ensure that all participants are as committed as we are to following safe and health protocols on site.
As an event participant:
- I understand that the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and there is no known cure for COVID-19. I understand that it is not possible for CFMA to prevent participants from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending its events and/or entering onto premises where CFMA’s events are held. Therefore, by registering for an event hosting by CFMA and entering onto premises where its conferences are held, I understand that I may be exposing myself to and/or increasing my risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
- I hereby release and waive my right to bring suit against CFMA, its owners, officers, officials, instructors, employees, or other representatives for fault in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to attending its event.
- I agree to comply with all health and safety guidelines put forth related to this event and am committed to taking precautions recommended by the CDC and local and federal agencies including, but not limited to, wearing a face mask in public areas when not consuming food or beverage, maintaining 6’ of distance between other participants, minimizing face touching, washing or sanitizing my hands frequently, and avoiding risky environments such as overcrowded bars or restaurants.
- I will not attend any CFMA event if I had recent exposure to a COVID-19 case or experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within ten days of the event including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- I understand that my failure to comply with all safety protocol procedures as listed above or any direction from CFMA staff or hotel staff on site may result in loss of right to attend or participate in the CFMA event, including forfeiting any registration fees paid.
I have carefully read and fully understand this agreement and freely and knowingly assume the risk and waive my rights concerning liability as described above.