This is an intermediate level self-study course. Upon successful completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
• Identify the major categories of insurable liability risk faced by contractors and explain how each is covered by the standard CGL policy
• Differentiate the two coverage triggers used in commercial general liability insurance policies and explain how each trigger defines what policy will apply
• Define and give examples of: 1) "bodily injury" and 2) "property damage" and differentiate "bodily injury" from "personal injury"
• Assess the nuances of key CGL policy exclusions including the scope of coverage preserved by exceptions to the exclusions
• Explain the significance of "insured" status and differentiate between a named insured, an insured, and an additional insured under the CGL policy