This course is designed for accounting professionals new to the construction industry, as well as non-accounting construction industry professionals who want or need a better understanding of construction accounting processes, construction cost management systems, job costs and job cost reporting, the WIP, and the most important elements of a contractor's financial statements. This eight-hour course provides an introduction to the key processes and practices that make construction accounting unique.
· Identify key construction accounting principles.
· Explain the core points of revenue recognition.
· Discuss the importance of a job cost system.
Level & Prerequisites:
This is a group-live program at the Basic Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
This program provides 8 CPE credits in the field of Accounting.
Who Should Attend? Accountants and CPAs new to the construction industry; new Construction Financial Managers & controllers; accounting department support staff; project managers, construction managers, risk & IT professionals, financial services providers, owners, and anyone who would benefit from an understanding of the fundamental construction accounting processes.
· Jennifer Lawson, CPA, CA Senior Manager, Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PwC, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
· Dave Whiteley, CPA, CA Partner Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, PwC Canada