This program teaches construction financial professionals the language of construction project management, how the information available relates to each phase of the project, and provides an expert’s insight on what can go wrong. This course will take the participant on a journey through a sample job and map it through every project phase including making adjustments and alignment of financials/data, and how to best collaborate with the project manager to deliver the most profitable results.
• Explain the structure and activities required for successful project management.
• List the project management steps and discuss the importance of collaboration with other construction project stakeholders.
• Identify potential project risks at all stages of the process.
• Describe all aspects of the Contract Life Cycle including all facets of project bid, acquisition, contract initiation, construction and completion, including both operational and financial aspects.
• Discuss opportunities to improve communication to enhance project performance and safety.
• Implement lessons learned, and incorporate proven principles and best practices for successful project management.
Level & Prerequisites:
This is a group-internet based program at the Basic Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. A basic understanding of construction accounting & financial management is recommended.
This program provides 1 CPE credit in the field of Finance and 3 CPE credits in the field of Management Services.
Who Should Attend? Financial managers and other professionals who work with construction projects and/or interface with project managers, operations, risk/insurance, and legal departments. It is also ideal for those individuals who may have managed financials for non-construction related industries and may also include surety, banking and insurance professionals.
· Caryl Coronis, CPA, CFO, NBG Constructors
· Linda clifford, MBA
Price: $140 for CFMA members: $199 for non-members