This 4-part Web Series is designed for Controllers and CFOs of construction companies who want to learn the fundamental skills of treasury management. Treasury management encompasses a broad spectrum of activities that a Construction Financial Manager is tasked with. This course will provide a summary discussion of the theories and principles, the authoritative bodies and governing rules of Treasury Management, as well as a more detailed discussion of the business processes, practices and tools that we use to drive cash flow and profitability for our companies. Specific attention will be paid to insurance programs, employee benefits, and budgeting and reporting with a focus on meeting management's needs.
Part I - The Big Picture: In this session we will explore the principles and concepts that govern Treasury Management. You will learn the "whys" and "hows" of accomplishing your objectives. Treasury Management will be discussed in terms of overall Working Capital Management.
After attending Session 1 of this program, you will be able to:
• Identify the Conceptual, Operational and Strategic objectives of Treasury Management;
• Discuss the Governing Concepts and Standards of the profession;
• Describe the typical Organizational Structure of Treasury Management;
• Discuss effective Working Capital Management;
• Discuss effective Fraud Detection and Prevention concepts and practices.