This 4-part Web Series is designed for Controllers and CFOs of construction companies who want to learn the fundamental skills of treasury management. Treasury management encompasses a broad spectrum of activities that a Construction Financial Manager is tasked with. This course will provide a summary discussion of the theories and principles, the authoritative bodies and governing rules of Treasury Management, as well as a more detailed discussion of the business processes, practices and tools that we use to drive cash flow and profitability for our companies. Specific attention will be paid to insurance programs, employee benefits, and budgeting and reporting with a focus on meeting management's needs.
Part II - Processes & Tools: Cash moves through a construction company within specific activity cycles. In this session you will learn how effective Treasury Management manages these cycles to either speed or slow the movement of Cash through the business, depending on which is most beneficial. We will cover specific tools and processes that help us move and forecast the movement of Cash in our businesses.
After attending Session 2 of this program, you will be able to:
• Discuss the Cash Flow Life Cycle and the Related Processes and Systems;
• Describe the Banking Tools and Services Available to the Treasury Manager;
• Discuss the Resources Available via the Internet and the Cloud;
• Describe the Policies, Practices and Options for the Investment of Cash Resources;
• Discuss the Basics of Cash Forecasting.